Date(s) - 2022-03-07 - 2022-03-18
13:00 CET - 17:00 CET
- You have experience in taking microscopy images of biological samples.
- You have experience using the Fiji GUI.
- You know about the following essentials: basic image properties, lookup tables,
data types, and
image file formats.
The course covers important basic and intermediate concepts of image analysis such as image convolutional and morphological (rank) filters, distance transform, watershed, image segmentation, shape and intensity measurements.
The practicals will be conducted using the graphical user interface of Fiji. We will however put a strong focus on methodological concepts such that this course is also recommended if you want to, at some stage, also perform image analysis in other platforms (e.g., using python scripting).
The course will be held online.
This is a joint course between EMBL and the Max Planck Society where each organisation will have space for 25 participants.
- Antonio Politi. Live-cell Imaging Facility, MPI for Multidisciplinary Sciences, Goettingen, Germany.
- Anniek Stokkermans, Arif Khan, and Christian Tischer. Centre for Bioimage Analysis (CBA), EMBL Heidelberg, Germany.
The course is distributed across four afternoons:
- Monday, 7. March 2022, 13:00 – 17:00 CEST
- Tuesday, 8. March 2022, 13:00 – 17:00 CEST
- Monday, 14. March 2022, 13:00 – 17:00 CEST
- Tuesday, 15. March 2022, 13:00 – 17:00 CEST
Bookings are closed for this event.