The CSDA offers statistical consulting for EMBL scientists. This includes help with the choice of methods, advice on software troubleshooting, feedback on data quality and soundness of inference, and statistical review of manuscripts.
How to get statistical advice
To get statistical advice, please write us an email with a short description of your problem or question.
If possible, please provide an example for your problem containing
- your research question
- a report or code with your current analysis
- the data necessary for running this example and
- a description of the data.
This could for example be a RMarkdown report along with a txt file containing the data.
You can send the example via email or upload it on the EMBL GitLab server.
For discussing the problem, we will come back to you for scheduling a video conference.
For smaller questions, feel free to use chat.embl.org. You can
- post your question in the R and statistics channel or
- contact Sarah Kaspar or Sacha Horn (from 1st March 2022)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are currently no drop-in sessions. Please write an email or use the EMBL chat.