Together with the Centre for Biomolecular Network Analysis and the Centre for Bio-Modelling, the Centre for Statistical Data Analysis (CSDA) is part of the centres at EMBL with a strong computational component. More information on EMBL Centres can be found here on the Bio-IT Portal and on the EMBL homepage.
CSDA helps EMBL scientists across all EMBL sites to use adequate statistical methods for their specific technological or biological applications (e.g. testing, regression, clustering, classification, error rate estimation, sampling, visualization).
Who we are
- In 2019, I completed my PhD in Biology at Heidelberg University, where I developed mathematical models for gene expression in bacteria.
- My position at EMBL is shared between the Huber group and Bio-IT.
- As the head of Centre for Statistical Data Analysis, I support EMBL’s scientific community in statistical data analysis by providing consulting and courses.
- Note: I'm currently on maternity leave until August 2022.
- Email: email@example.com
- EMBL chat: @kaspar
- I completed my PhD in Computational Biology in the Huber group at EMBL.
- During my scientific career, I worked on drug screening and NGS data, applying statistics and machine learning.
- I'm running the Centre for Statistical Data Analysis starting December 1, 2021 until Sarah is back from her maternity leave.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EMBL chat: @vkim
The CSDA offers:
- Consulting: See here for more details.
- Collaborations: For more complex problems, the CSDA can also engage in collaborations. Priority is given to collaborations within EMBL. Typically, these start from consulting requests.
- Training: The course Biostatistical Basics is held at least once per year. See here for further materials and resources.