Date(s) - 2023-02-16
09:00 CET - 17:00 CET
EMBL Heidelberg - ATC Flex Lab A
The course is a one-day in person event and will cover the basics of implementing a plugin for napari.
The course is organized in two parts: The first part will cover the basics of implementing a plugin including the basics of how the napari viewer works. In the second part you will code your own custom plugin!
In more detail, the course will cover:
- How to make custom graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for your analysis functions
- The structure of a Napari plugin and how to make it installable using pip
- How to automatize the set-up using cookiecutter
- Making your first napari plugin
- Napari readily installed on your system (e.g. using pip in a conda environment)
- Fluent in Python coding (you have written >1000 lines of code)
- Experience with Numpy
The second portion of the workshop will be implementing a plugin. If you would like to bring your own analysis worksflows, the course instructors will consult with you on converting that into a napari plugin. If you do not have your own workflow to bring, we will have some examples prepared for you.
Teachers / Organizers
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or when facing issues with the registration.
Bookings are closed for this event.