Date(s) - 2020-03-12
09:00 CET - 13:00 CET
RNAi experiments and siRNA design
The first 2.5 hours will be an interactive tutorial followed by a hand-on session on siRNA design
- RNAi reagents
- General considerations of RNAi experiments
- SiRNA transfection methods
- Rescue / complementation experiments
- Comparison CRISPR /RNAi
- Introduction Bluegecko (internal database)
- Open source siRNAs design tools
- Introduction ENSEMBL database
- Design of specific siRNAs against your gene of interest
1. Please make sure that you have Firefox or Chrome as a browser. For some of the databases Internet Explorer is causing problems.
2. Please bring a Laptop (WLAN compatible) with you in order to practice all steps on your own computer.
Please make sure that you can access the EMBL intranet.
3. Please save this pdf document on your Laptop. You will need it for the second part of the tutorial.
Web pages used:
This event is fully booked.