RNAi experiments and siRNA design
The first 2.5 hours will be an interactive tutorial followed by a hand-on session on siRNA design
- RNAi reagents
- General considerations of RNAi experiments
- SiRNA transfection methods
- Rescue / complementation experiments
- Comparison CRISPR /RNAi
- Introduction Bluegecko (internal database)
- Open source siRNAs design tools
- Introduction ENSEMBL database
- Design of specific siRNAs against your gene of interest
1. Please make sure that you have Firefox or Chrome as a browser. For some of the databases Internet Explorer is causing problems.
2. Please bring a Laptop (WLAN compatible) with you in order to practice all steps on your own computer.
Please make sure that you can access the EMBL intranet.
Web pages used:
This event is fully booked.