Date(s) - 2022-09-27 - 2022-09-28
09:30 CEST - 16:00 CEST
During this 2-days training, you will learn everything about STOCKS i.e.:
- managing your collections (antibodies, plasmids, oligos …) and lab instruments,
- using batch operations to efficiently create & edit hundreds of items at once,
- using the embedded Electronic Lab Notebook and sharing your protocols,
- describing how your samples were prepared and how they derive one from another down to datasets (images, fastQ reads…)
- loading your raw and derived datasets
- preparing your data for deposition in public repositories
You will also learn how STOCKS implements FAIRness and is compliant with international standards and ontologies; facilitating data publication to public repositories. This will also be the chance to discuss different data management approaches with colleagues and feedback on your experience and needs to the STOCKS developers.
Whether you are a web lab scientist looking after a powerful ELN solution, a lab manager wondering how to share the lab stocks and protocols in the group, a data analyst looking for the metadata describing datasets to process, a data manager shaping how raw and processed data should be managed in different projects, a group leader expecting a connected and open-science-ready lab or a facility head thinking about how to shape his facility into a traceable and FAIR set-up, this training is made for you.
A more detailed programme will be added shortly. The course will happen on the 27th and 28th of September from 9h30 to 16h with a lunch pause of 1h-1h30 and will be both onsite and online.
Every session is a mix of short talks followed by hands-on.
- STOCKS overview (short talk)
- Session 1: Using the Electronic Lab Notebook
- Session 2: Lab Collection Management
- Session 3: Efficient Biomaterial Management (Specimen and Sample)
- Session 1: Raw Dataset & Assay Management
- Session 2: Using the Command Line Interface
- Session 3: Derived Datasets & Integration with third party tools (Galaxy)
Bookings are closed for this event.