Date(s) - 2018-05-07 - 2018-05-09
09:30 CEST - 17:00 CEST
The course will cover the following topics:
* Image inspection and visualization (e.g., lookup tables; different viewing modalities)
* This will be a short repetition of content that is also covered during the ALMF Basics courses.
* Image registration (e.g., drift and rotation correction)
* Object segmentation (in fluroescence in electron microscopy data, including machine learning)
* Object tracking
* Intensity quantification in fluorescence microscopy
* Dealing with big image data (light-sheet and FIB-SEM)
* Batch analysis (including simple scripting)
In terms of tools, we will mainly use ImageJ (https://fiji.sc). However we will also shortly demonstrate other useful software packages, which we provide support for such Cellprofiler (http://cellprofiler.org) and Imaris (http://www.bitplane.com/imaris/imaris).