Date(s) - 2018-06-13
09:00 CEST - 16:00 CEST
NOTE: The date is preliminary and will be fixed upon all registrations have been closed on May 11th 2018 (12:00PM).
Timeframe for all Centres courses is between June 11-15th.
**Introduction to Ontologies, Pathways, and Networks**
Focus: Provide an introduction to dealing with quantitative and qualitative biological data (post-statistics), through annotation, extraction of knowledge (databases, literature), and basic interpretation of results using networks.
During this day you will learn how to:
– Use public resources including ENSEMBL BioMart, String, Reactome, and ontologies e.g. GO to explore your data.
– Construct biological networks, and use them to import and integrate experimental data using Cytoscape.
– Retrieve and infer networks from public resources
– Annotate your data with BioMart
– Perform basic enrichment analysis of your data against ontologies.
BYOC (bring your own computer with pre-installed Cytoscape 3.x (latest), (R and RStudio optional for parts of the workshop) or use the provided lab machines.
Bookings are closed for this event.