Date(s) - 2020-01-27
13:30 CET - 16:30 CET
In this course, using the free software ImageJ (Fiji), we will cover the following topics:
– Image opening and saving
– Image file formats
– Image visualization: Lookup tables, brightness adjustments, …
– Image content inspection: Pixel values, bit depth, dynamic range, …
– Scientific (quantitative) presentation of image data
Please note that the focus of this course is quite different to the python image processing course, which focusses more on programming and image processing. This course will not include any programming and will not include image processing either, but will focus on scientific image inspection and presentation.
For further information, please send a mail to: Christian Tischer.
– Basic experience with the usage of computers, such as opening and saving files, installing software, a.s.o.
– Basic experience with scientific microscopy, e.g. you have used a microscope at the ALMF or EMCF.
It is recommended that you print below document on paper such that you can write notes into it: Basic-image-inspection-and-handling
Bookings are closed for this event.