Date(s) - 21/04/2020 - 23/04/2020
09:30 - 17:00
Biocomputing Seminar Room (100)
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 leading to lockdowns all around Europe, this course is adjourned.
New dates and an updated schedule will be available as soon as possible.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
This three day course (2 half days + 1 full day + (optional) 1 afternoon working on your own data), will introduce online and open-source resources such as databases and tools to explore and analyze protein sequences and structures.
A large part of the course will focus on the participant-led practical activities.
|1||14:00 – 17:00||1st day starts after lunch – lunch not included|
|2||09:30 – 17:00||Full day|
|3||09:30 – 12:30||Morning|
|3||14:00 – 17:00||Optional afternoon – bring your own data|
– Primary databases: Sequence, domains, motifs, disordered regions and their annotations
– Sequence similarity analysis (clustalo, Jalview). protein functional modules and protein structures
– Protein association networks (with STRING)
– Protein structure prediction (Jpred/IUPRED, Anchor)
– Protein structure visualization and structure interaction interfaces (UCSF Chimera)
– Familiarity with protein biology
– Interest in basic bioinformatics based analysis
EMBL Bio-IT will offer the course for free to all EMBL members.
Non-HD EMBL participants are welcome but have to cover their own travel/accommodation costs.
External participants will be charged with a course fee of 90 Euros (to cover the lunch and infrastructure related cost). The invoice details will be shared via email.
The course is limited to 20 seats which shall be allocated on a first come first served basis.
This event is fully booked.