Date(s) - 2022-11-07
10:00 CET - 17:00 CET
Essentials II – Essentials of confocal microscopy
Organizer: Manuel Gunkel, Aliaksandr Halavatyi and Marko Lampe
Registration for EMBL staff only
The course is covering the essential knowledge needed to conduct confocal microscopy-based experiments. The course takes place as a practical in the ALMF on November 7th (10 am to 5 pm). This course will be available also beginning of 2023.
The prerequisite for attending this course is the knowledge covered in Essentials I course. The microscopy knowledge covered in this is mandatory for introductions into ALMF Confocal-microscopes.
For preparation of the course you will get a short list of videos covering the basics as well as a self-test questionaire
Topics covered include
- Confocal principle
- Optical sectioning
- Confocal Lightpath
- Pinhole size
- Lateral and axial resolution
- 3D data acquisition with confocals
- Saturation and offset
- SNR Averaging/Accumulation, Voltage, laser power
- Refractive index and spherical aberrations
- Correcting for z-distortion
- Multicolor imaging
- Getting a transmitted light image with the confocal microscope
- Sample types
Bookings are closed for this event.