Date(s) - 2020-05-14
10:00 CEST - 15:00 CEST
In 2020 the EMBL Centre for Network Analysis (CBNA) will offer (in collaboration with Bio-IT, de.NBI, and others) a series of courses focusing on data analysis, multi-omic data integration, advanced visualisation, automation, and interpretation using networks and Graph theory.
All of these courses are free and open to EMBL researchers and staff from all sites.
All of these courses will be available online via Zoom regardless of the Coronavirus developments.
Today we open registration for the second course in the entire series:
**CBNA Course Series 2020**: Mining Biomedical Data with Networks (BioMart, Ontologies, Complexes, Pathways)
**Date**: 14 May 2020
**Time**: 10:00 – 15:00
**Location**: ONLINE! (Zoom)
**Requirements**: working (basic) knowledge of Cytoscape, laptops, and enthusiasm
- During this 1-day course participants will learn how to access and export data from public resources including:
- KEGG database
- Protein complexes from EBI Complex Portal and Corum database.
- NDex (network data exchange)
- Drugs and Diseases
This is a Level 2 course, which requires a working knowledge of Cytoscape. You will need to have Cytoscape 3.7.x installed on your computer.
This course is available via remote participation, connection details will be provided after registration.
If you would like to register to receive these announcements early, please send an empty message with the title ‘Subscribe’ to email@example.com.
If you have further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
This email may reach you multiple times via different mailing lists.
REQUIRED: Familiarity with Cytoscape (Experience or participation in course level 1)
Upcoming CBNA Courses 2020 (registration opening will be announced):
- Course 4 (TBA): – Introduction to Network Topology (centralities, shortest path algorithms, clustering, modularity detection)
- Course 5 (TBA): – Visualisation with Cytoscape and Automation (with a special invited guest: John “Scooter” Morris, UCSF, Cytoscape Core developer)
- Course 6 (TBA): – Enrichment Analysis with Ontologies and Pathways
- Course 7 (TBA): – Intermediate Network Analysis and Visualisation (R, iGraph,
- Course 8 (TBA): – Multi-omic data integration using networks (R, iGraph, Cytoscape)(TBA)
Bookings are closed for this event.